COMP Interview & NW Track

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theOC

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! For those of you that received an interview invite to COMP, did you previously express to the program that you wished to participated in the NW Track. From what I have read on SDN, COMP is actively recruiting students and the pattern seems to be to those who haven't taken the MCAT and expressed interest. I am curious because I received an secondary applicatoin invite but did not get an interview despite being from the NW. Although, I have never contacted the school or expressed any interest in the NW Track program. Any ideas? Thanks! =)

Members don't see this ad.

i'd never talked to them or expressed any interest in their program aside from applying. I live in SF, so not the NW, and i got an interview invite, not sure if that helps or not, but there it is.

kahoo99 said:
i'd never talked to them or expressed any interest in their program aside from applying. I live in SF, so not the NW, and i got an interview invite, not sure if that helps or not, but there it is.

thanks for the info kahoo99. if you don't mind what were your stats? you can PM if you prefer. thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
theOC said:
thanks for the info kahoo99. if you don't mind what were your stats? you can PM if you prefer. thanks.

nm, i looked at the applicants progress thread...nice stats!

well thanks...i think quite a few people who had a little bit less impressive stats but got their aps processed early got the interviews also.
good luck. where's your top choice?

kahoo99 said:
well thanks...i think quite a few people who had a little bit less impressive stats but got their aps processed early got the interviews also.
good luck. where's your top choice?

just purely based on the geographical factor it would be COMP. my stats aren't that impressive: 24Q, 3.64 overall and 3.5 science. however, my app got mailed to the schools on 7/21 so i think that might have been too late in comparison to others who submitted earlier and got interview invites. i am still curious on what criteria COMP is targeting in order to select applicants to interview instead of the traditional secondary then interview process.

theOC- I got an interview invite and I didn't express interest for the NW track or really knew about the program. I too love Western's location. My stats are on the progress thread too.

Honestly, I don't think it's going to matter if you get an interview invite or not... my cousin's gf got invited to interview after filling out her secondary maybe into late October and she got in with a scholarship.

What Western is doing is making a preemptive strike or a shock/awe campaign of recruiting students early into considering their school to fill some seats.

i did not express any interest about the NW track. i got an interview and my stats are average for the accepted applicant....