Comp. MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HopefulPhysician

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all,

I would like some opinions/info pertaining to what is deemed as a competitive MCAT score for DO. I am averaging 507 right now on practice tests. I sit for my exam on Sept. 10. I know I have sub-minimal time to improve substantially (maybe 1-2 points). Is a 507 good enough for interview/admission to a DO program?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

507 is good. If you can score that one on practice, you are competitive. But generally, above 500 is good.

Members don't see this ad :)
My GPA is ok...nothing too special
cGPA = 3.6
sGPA = 3.5

My extracurricular isn't amazing but it is respectable. I have done some research (non-clinical + clinical) and have spent a substantial amount of time shadowing + volunteering. I would like to say I have solid LORs. I'm really hoping for my MCAT score to standout and get me an interview

My GPA is ok...nothing too special
cGPA = 3.6
sGPA = 3.5

My extracurricular isn't amazing but it is respectable. I have done some research (non-clinical + clinical) and have spent a substantial amount of time shadowing + volunteering. I would like to say I have solid LORs. I'm really hoping for my MCAT score to standout and get me an interview
No worry, my ECs are nothing extraordinary too. Just 120 volunteer hours and 120 shadowing hours. The rest just employment.

Your stats is higher than me. if MCAT is >503, you will have lot of love.

No worry, my ECs are nothing extraordinary too. Just 120 volunteer hours and 120 shadowing hours. The rest just employment.

Your stats is higher than me. if MCAT is >503, you will have lot of love.
What is the lowest (GPA/MCAT) you have ever heard of someone getting accepted with?