COMP Northwest Trackers!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JakeHarley

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am trying to find out more information about COMP's Northwest Track, and am hoping to chat with any current students in the program. I want to hear about any difficulties in scheduling rotations, and if there are any restrictions on your third year electives (I read that you aren't allowed to do EM or Research for your third year elective at the main program!!!)

Post up :)

Thanks!

Jake

Members don't see this ad.

JakeHarley said:
I am trying to find out more information about COMP's Northwest Track, and am hoping to chat with any current students in the program. I want to hear about any difficulties in scheduling rotations, and if there are any restrictions on your third year electives (I read that you aren't allowed to do EM or Research for your third year elective at the main program!!!)

Post up :)

Thanks!

Jake

I'm currently a 4th year at Western, and though I'm from the Northwest (Montana), the Northwest Track wasn't an option when I started school here. I have been pretty active in the process, though, and I've rotated up in Portland. Since last year was the first year that the program was offered, there haven't been any students that have actually scheduled rotations. From my experience in Portland, however, it shouldn't be difficult. When Eastmorland closed, it created a void and there are a number of docs there who are ready and willing to take students again. Not sure what exactly is going on in Washington... there has been some talk about starting a new osteopathic school in Yakima and (apparently) there are a number of docs there who have already "committed" to taking students. Again, not sure if Western has a toe in the door there or not.

You are right about 3rd year electives... that is universal for all students... no ER, no research.

Hope that helps, PM me if you have any other questions.