Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

COMP NW Track

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by lawdawg80, Dec 14, 2005.

1. lawdawg80

lawdawg80 Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hey all, I received my acceptance today to Western's NW track, and wondered if anyone else from the NW will be joining me down there next fall. If so, I'd love to meet y'all. :D

2. emeraldcity

emeraldcity Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

*WHOO HOO!*
    go lawdawg!

I got my acceptance on Monday. Assuming I don't get off the waitlist at UW... I will be there in August :D

3. wa_medic

wa_medic Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I heard that the NW hospitals bagged out of their contracts. Anyone else hear this?

4. emedpa

emedpa GlobalDoc
    10+ Year Member

Post Doc
    I have expressed interest in this program and asked where the clinical sites were and have never received a satisfactory answer. at this point I am more interested in the program opening in yakima, wa in 2007.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Doctor Bagel

Doctor Bagel so cheap and juicy
    Moderator Emeritus 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    i've also heard that they've had real trouble finding good sites. as of now, they have no sites in portland or seattle. they have some sites in tacoma that are maybe not so good and sites in southern oregon. i think it's probably okay, but i'd just rather be in bigger cities and do all my rotations at sites with residency programs.

6. ifkt355

ifkt355 Member
    7+ Year Member

I talked to Ms. Hanson before I put down my deposit, and she told me that there was a new hospital at Portland. I can't quite remember the name, something like "Mercy... hospital or medical center". At first I didn't want to sign up for NWT because there were only three hospital listed for Oregon, and all were in small cities where I would not be interested in. But since I interviewed in September, they aparently added one in Portland. This is a good news since I really love Portland. Hanson said she was going to send me those info. to my western email amount, but I still haven't receive anything telling me what my western account is.

I am impressed by their speed in adding more affiliations, but I am still a bit skeptical about the qualities of the rotation education in these new places and the reputation of the hospitals affilated with NWT. I also heard that their clinical trainings have some problems/are not so strong. Anyone has any information to share?

7. MikeyLu2010

MikeyLu2010 UT Longhorns Alumni
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    wat exactly is the NW track..if you dont mind me asking..is it just where students rotate in the NW region during 3rd/4th years..but still stay in LA first 2 years?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. ifkt355

ifkt355 Member
    7+ Year Member

Yes.

9. moinmoin

moinmoin Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]

#9 moinmoin, Dec 19, 2005
    Last edited: May 10, 2010