COMP vs. Western

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dtrain5

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I posted previously and I think I got in too much detail and did not get any posts on my thread. So here is my question as simple as possible. I want to know what everyone thinks about COMP and KCUMB? I want to know the positive things that people have heard as well as the negative?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry for the previous title! I am an idiot!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Well, I must first comment on your thread title, COMP and Western are the same school. Harmless mistake, I suppose. Anyway, I interviewed and got accepted at both schools. I liked both of them and could see myself matriculating in each one (although I just withdrew from COMP), but I felt that KCUMB had a better campus feeling, cheaper cost of living, new patient simulators (of the dummy-type), etc. My main issue with COMP was the lax atmosphere (students going to class in shorts and flip-flops), the acrid colored skies, and the campus felt like a warehouse. It was nice inside and I know that you shouldn't choose a school because of its appearance, but COMP was my first interview and with each successive school it moved lower and lower on my list. Just my two cents. If you want to know more, PM me.