Comparing AMCAS applications from past year

Started by LilyN26
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

LilyN26

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I applied to medical school in 2009, but did not submit any secondaries. In reviewing this year's AMCAS, I realized I underreported my hours for a clinical volunteer experience, but am now hesitant to change the numbers because I did submit a primary in 2009. Will admissions officers look closely at my 2009 application? Can I go ahead and change the number? Thank you.
 
I believe they will compare the two applications just to make sure you changed up your personal statement and added new activities. I wouldn't worry about changing the hours, adcoms will assume you under-reported as you said. If they don't believe you, they can always contact the person listed as your contact on the application to verify your hours that you have indeed completed.