comparing schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chrissystar

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi.. I was wondering if people can post their opinions on certain schools. (went for an interview and didnt like the school...etc)

Thanks! I need some help deciding!

Members don't see this ad.

the interview feedback doesnt give me much information about the school.. I want to know about the impressions.. the living expenses.....lifestyle, atmosphere, experiences, etc

i want to know how others feel about schools and why/why not they are choosing some schools and not others.

I am debating between OSU and NOVA right now. I like both schools for different reasons.
Nova has a great atmosphere, brand new facilities, very friendly staff. All students in our class will probably be from different corners of our country (i love diversity), and I also like the way Nova divides its class into 4 groups so you are in the same group of people for all 4years of school. You basically get to know each other extremely well and help one another.. there is no competition to deal with like medical students have to. As far as the location of the school.. its Ft. lauderdale.. there is nothing more to say :) with great climate all year. But being an out of state resident it will cost me a lot more and also the cost of living down there is not very cheap.

OSU is a little more prestigious than Nova. It has great oppertunities for research (i am interested in Pediatric research) and almost all faculty there is involved in some kind of research in their field so you will be taught the latest technologies. However, the school itself is very old and the classes are mostly in the basement. Every time i am down there it feels clustered and just not a very comfortable environment to study for 4 years. On the other hand, I am a resident of ohio so it would be cheaper for me to go to OSU and the cost of living is not as high as NOVA...

I just don't know what to do.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am debating between OSU and NOVA right now. I like both schools for different reasons.
Nova has a great atmosphere, brand new facilities, very friendly staff. All students in our class will probably be from different corners of our country (i love diversity), and I also like the way Nova divides its class into 4 groups so you are in the same group of people for all 4years of school. You basically get to know each other extremely well and help one another.. there is no competition to deal with like medical students have to. As far as the location of the school.. its Ft. lauderdale.. there is nothing more to say :) with great climate all year. But being an out of state resident it will cost me a lot more and also the cost of living down there is not very cheap.

OSU is a little more prestigious than Nova. It has great oppertunities for research (i am interested in Pediatric research) and almost all faculty there is involved in some kind of research in their field so you will be taught the latest technologies. However, the school itself is very old and the classes are mostly in the basement. Every time i am down there it feels clustered and just not a very comfortable environment to study for 4 years. On the other hand, I am a resident of ohio so it would be cheaper for me to go to OSU and the cost of living is not as high as NOVA...

I just don't know what to do.

Go bucks!

Last edited:
How bad is Nova's pass rate?