Comparisons with Kaplan and Real DAT

Started by briansle
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

briansle

Cell A
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I was wondering is the math portion on the real DAT as difficult as the practice kaplan tests given in their classroom course? Cause I've taken the midterm, and I never seem to have enough time to finish and scored 16.

Also, how does the grading work for the kaplan DAT, I mean I keep getting 22/30 in the O-Chem sections and G-chem sections, but they are only 18's? Does the DAT grade on the same scale?
 
I took the DATs this morning (7/15) @ 8 and found the QRT to be slightly easier than kaplan. I took kaplan during school, and never really studied and did pretty bad on my math and overall. I was getting 15-17s and always running out of time. Since summer started started, I studied for 2 months doing the QRT from Kaplan, Barrons, and Topscore. I just kept doing the problems over and over, until I was able to solve them correctly and quickly. I built up my speed and score slowly. I usually tried to do a reading comp before doing the math just to get into the whole testing mentality.

Well two months of hard studying got me a 21AA/ 19 PAT. My advice is to keep practicing. If you practice enough, you'll be able to recognize the problem before finish reading the question. Well good luck.