Compenation

Started by NewYorkDoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

NewYorkDoc

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What is the salary range during the internship/residency for neuro? I need to know so I can take a look at cost of living in different metro areas.
 
You are paid at the end of each month. Current annual salary before withholding is as follows:

9; PGY-1 $41,146

9; PGY-2 $42,481

9; PGY-3 $43,960

9; PGY-4 $45,781


I found this on a site. I dont understand it. Does this mean for a year you'd get $173,368?
 
You are paid at the end of each month. Current annual salary before withholding is as follows:

9; PGY-1 $41,146

9; PGY-2 $42,481

9; PGY-3 $43,960

9; PGY-4 $45,781


I found this on a site. I dont understand it. Does this mean for a year you'd get $173,368?


Yikes. :scared:

Residency salaries vary widely from program to program. Every program you look at will probably have a different salary. I'd say the range is probably $35,000 - $55,000.

The figures you posted are ANNUAL salaries for each year of residency. i.e, you get paid $41,146 for your intern (PGY1) year, $42,481 for your second year of residency (PGY2), and so on.