Compensation Expectations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kmurp

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a question for you graduating residents who may know the current job market better than I...
Two jobs:
1. all OB/GYN with q4 in house call generally with the next day off or very early out. Non-call working days are fairly early. 17 weeks vacation.
2. Second job: Mixed community hospital practice with q7 call, half of which is in house (q14 in house), next day off and 8 weeks vacation. Non-call days can be longer, with 3-4 rooms going into the early evening. 8 weeks vacation.

What would be your (serious) total compensation expectations (salary and benefits) for these two different positions. I'd be interested in your educated responses, even if neither job would be that interesting to you.
Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I have a question for you graduating residents who may know the current job market better than I...
Two jobs:
1. all OB/GYN with q4 in house call generally with the next day off or very early out. Non-call working days are fairly early. 17 weeks vacation.
2. Second job: Mixed community hospital practice with q7 call, half of which is in house (q14 in house), next day off and 8 weeks vacation. Non-call days can be longer, with 3-4 rooms going into the early evening. 8 weeks vacation.

What would be your (serious) total compensation expectations (salary and benefits) for these two different positions. I'd be interested in your educated responses, even if neither job would be that interesting to you.
Thanks in advance.

what is this the price is right? i bet $1

Two jobs:

Thanks in advance.

job 1 - if located in nyc/chicago/soca/austin/miami - probably 225k with benefits. if located in cleveland/indy/sacramento/houson - probably 275k.
if located in rural community USA probably anywhere from 325-400.

job2 - if located in nyc/chicago, etc - maybe 250? mid size city maybe 300, rural area maybe 300-400.

just my conservative guesses based off what i've seen other people bring in.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would say give or take 50K and this calculation estimates most private practice 1099 gas docs annual salaries in my mid sized Midwestern city. :thumbup: Divide the equation by 2 and this should estimate most gas docs annual salaries in the most highly desirable locations. Take the difference between the two and this should estimate the annual salaries of most gas docs in semi-desirable locations. Multiply this equation by 1.5 and it should est. the annual salaries of most gas docs working in America's A*S HOLE.

Interesting concept. Where did you come up with this?

Last edited: