competition for U of Georgia

Started by SilviaGTO
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SilviaGTO

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My goal is to be admitted to the University of Florida's veterinary program, and while optomistic, I understand how competitive they are for admissions.

I was looking at University of Georgia as a backup, does anyone know how hard it is to get in over there compared to UF?
 
I think it's generally accepted that all the US schools are very competitive. Especially so if you are applying as an out of state resident (which I am assuming you would be for GA). There are some schools that are more out of state friendly than others, Kansas, Illinois, etc., but I dont know if Georgia is one of them...
 
Up to 10 students are taken at large (Georgia contracts with SC, WV, and DE so they don't count). In the past few years though, approximately 1 out of state person has matriculated with each class.
 
Thanks for the replies. I just wasnt sure if some schools were easier to get in than others.