Competition with Residency Programs

Started by DPT0318
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DPT0318

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all,

I have a fairly decent GPA (3.53) in PT school obviously it's not a 4.0. I want to do a pediatric or neurologic residency post graduation and am wondering if I even have a shot. I am very passionate about these two topics and have shown this through research in pediatrics, extra volunteer efforts in both subject areas, extra hours in the clinic observing in both areas, etc...

Does anyone have any knowledge in this area?

Thanks in advance!
 
You should be fine! Your 3-sentence resume shows that you are capable and determined to follow that path. And from what I've heard, the majority of residencies are not very competitive ($ issue).