Competitive for TCOM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LevantinoMD

Reaction score
Deleted for anonymity.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It's generally ill advised to EXPECT an interview. You are competitive for the school, but unless your dad bought a building, you may simply not get an interview.

• Okay...
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
What do you mean? Do they only accept students with ties to the university?
I am pretty sure that what he meant was that no one "expects" anything, unless they have very strong ties, such as a personal relationship with a major donor. Many people are accepted everywhere with no ties, but no one with expects anything anywhere, given how most schools have around a 10-20% interview rate, and around a 5% acceptance rate, and 60%+ of all applicants in the aggregate are unsuccessful each cycle.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I am a TCOM alumnus.

I personally believe that you would be a strong candidate. Your somewhat weak MCAT had fairly strong and consistent science scores despite the lower CARS, and the rest of your application paints a picture of a very strong, mature applicant who is devoted to the field.

I agree with other posters that it is ill-advised to "expect" an interview, but I would be quite surprised if you did not receive one.

Reactions: 4 users
It's generally ill advised to EXPECT an interview. You are competitive for the school, but unless your dad bought a building, you may simply not get an interview.
come on, don’t you have more to do with your time than razzing a new member about their questions?

Reactions: 1 user
come on, don’t you have more to do with your time than razzing a new member about their questions?
I just think it’s best to not expect things in a process that can at times be pretty random.

I am a TCOM alumnus.

I personally believe that you would be a strong candidate. Your somewhat weak MCAT had fairly strong and consistent science scores despite the lower CARS, and the rest of your application paints a picture of a very strong, mature applicant who is devoted to the field.

I agree with other posters that it is ill-advised to "expect" an interview, but I would be quite surprised if you did not receive one.
Thank you so much!

I didn't have a DO letter of recommendation submitted with my application. Would that hurt?

Thank you so much!

I didn't have a DO letter of recommendation submitted with my application. Would that hurt?

It didn’t hurt me. I was offered an interview immediately - like, within ten minutes - after my letters were received. None were from a physician.