Competitivity for Tufts Post-Bac?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nebulus2012

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

So my girlfriend is applying to Tufts' and Harvard's premedical post-bac programs. She is a transfer student at Northeastern who recently graduated cum laude with a 3.5 and a B.S. in psychology. She has research experience (psych) and has worked for a year in a camp for autistic children.

Unfortunately, she did not have stellar grades before her transfer nor does she have good SAT scores (she didn't take the GRE, and besides, it is too late now). I cannot seem to find any threads regarding Tufts' competitiveness. I know they only take 20-30% of their applicants (~35 in total) each cycle, but I can't find out what numbers makes one competitive.

To those people who know and/or have gotten into Tufts' premed post-bac, can you please share you numbers? I know that Harvard is an easier accept (do to the sheer volume of acceptances), but my girlfriend really has her heart set of Tufts for a number of reasons.

Thanks in advance. :)

Members don't see this ad.

you need either GRE or MCAT so idk how she can apply

Members don't see this ad :)
you need either GRE or MCAT so idk how she can apply

He's talking about the post-bac program for people who haven't taken pre-reqs. You're confusing it with the SMP.

To the OP, I don't know anything about Tuft's post-bac.

Why does your girlfriend have her heart set on Tufts? Harvard's postbacc is just as good, and significantly cheaper.

Why does your girlfriend have her heart set on Tufts? Harvard's postbacc is just as good, and significantly cheaper.

She prefers the day-time classes and feels that the smaller size of the program allows for more structure and closer knit group of students. Clearly Harvard has a strong name associated with it, but it is done through their Extension School. Tufts, on the other hand, puts you in their undergraduate program with the undergrad students. The classes, professors and advising are identical to those received by every other Tufts undergrad.