SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Competittive schools?

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by Kingstun, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Kingstun

Kingstun 2+ Year Member

Mar 2, 2007
    Just a question, but how competitive is pharmacy school. I never really got the hint that it was a cut throat experince. I was just wondering if it is pretty competitive, how so, is it bad, and what schools are the most competitive?
    And I understand being competitive getting accepted, but like when you get in is it going to be like where the students don't share notes and try and screw each other over? Sorry if this is a nieve question.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. OasisDwlr

OasisDwlr 2+ Year Member

Nov 27, 2006
    San Francisco
    I had the same concern so I asked when I interviewed at schools. All the schools (Western, LLU, UCSD, USCF) said the same thing: once you are in the program, it's not crazy competitive anymore. Obviously there is some healthy competition, but the impression I got was that everyone is in it together. It sounded like notes and old exams were shared, and the students really tried to pull together and help each other out. This might not actually be how it is, but it's what it sounded like. Some current students may have more insight.

4. Idesiretosling

Idesiretosling 2+ Year Member

Oct 20, 2006
    I have not entered pharmacy school yet and have already been given the web address to a wiki site set up by some pharmacy students at my school with old exams, notes, syllabii and preceptore evaluation sheets. It is going to be a great resource. Competition is good, in my study groups we all work together and help eachother as much as we can but we all want the top grade out of our group.

5. Jessly56

Jessly56 2+ Year Member

Sep 29, 2006
    i was told getting into pharmacy school will be the hardest part. especially those in california since it is so competative here. of course that does not mean you should not try to excel in school. i think those schools that have been around for a long while have high expectations. they have to withhold a standard and reputation. i cant tell you exactly which schools are the most competative however. sorry!