Compilation of nifty drug mnemonics.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

themorphinerule

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,

Does anyone have any nifty mnemonics or acronyms that helps identify the MOA, PK parameters, etc of drugs or pharmacy related issues (ie pretty much anything or any subject that might be useful). I have a few I will include. Please add!!! Thanks.

😍

COMT-Antagonists
- Generic: Entecapone (Al Capone/ Compton gangsters)
- Brand: COMTan (-tagonists)

Namenda
- works on NaMenDA receptors (NMDA)
 
NNRTIs:
"Never Ever Deliver Nucleosides" Navirapine, Efavirenz, Delaviridine

PIs:
"Navir Tease RALF the PI" Ritonavir, amprenavir/atazanavir , Lopinavir, fosamprenavir,

not quite drugs, but:

Keep Penises Covered Or Face Gruesome Separation for" Kingdom, Phylum, Class, Order, Family Species.
 
NNRTIs:
"Never Ever Deliver Nucleosides" Navirapine, Efavirenz, Delaviridine

PIs:
"Navir Tease RALF the PI" Ritonavir, amprenavir/atazanavir , Lopinavir, fosamprenavir,

not quite drugs, but:

Keep Penises Covered Or Face Gruesome Separation for" Kingdom, Phylum, Class, Order, Family Species.

Ooh ooh ooh to touch a fresh virgin girl's vagina and hymen
That's your cranial nerves (whoever told me this didn't remember the ones for accessory and hypoglossal, so I made those 2 up...they kinda suck, someone needs to come up with better ones)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ooh ooh ooh to touch a fresh virgin girl's vagina and hymen
That's your cranial nerves (whoever told me this didn't remember the ones for accessory and hypoglossal, so I made those 2 up...they kinda suck, someone needs to come up with better ones)
Lmao. wow.
 
I'm sure this one is old news to everyone, but I'll post it anyway because I still remember it from taking Biochem during my undergrad days.
Cindy is kinky so she fornicates most often.
-Citrate synthase
-Isocitrate dehydrogenase
-Ketoglutarate dehydrogenase
-Succinyl CoA synthase
-Succinate dehydrogenase
-Fumarase
-Malate dehydrogenase
-Oxoalacetate to citrate (via cytrate synthase)
 
Ooh ooh ooh to touch a fresh virgin girl's vagina and hymen
That's your cranial nerves (whoever told me this didn't remember the ones for accessory and hypoglossal, so I made those 2 up...they kinda suck, someone needs to come up with better ones)

On
Occasion
Our
Trusty
Truck
Acts
Funny.
Very
Good
Vehicle
Any-
How
 
Oh dear, the forum censor deleted the eff a g on grounds of being insulting to gays.
johnep
 
Beta One selective antagonists: Ace Ate Me BeEs

acebutalol
atenolol
metoprolol
betaxolol
esmolol

may not be a comprehensive list
 
:laugh: I have a mnemonic that helps you remember a whole bunch of other mnemonics.....PM Me
 
Kinky People Come Out For Good Sex

Kingdom, Phylum, Class, Order, Family, Genus, Species