completely lost!!!

Started by inaccensa
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

inaccensa

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I gave my Mcat 2x. I don't think I'm getting into med schools with my score. Well my gpa is 3.6 and my scores were 18Q and 23Q. Verbal schores were 3 and 4 respectively. So I decided I need more practice (obviously!!)

Now the question is how to fill in the void of two years. I decided to do my masters. I came across this SMP. I wanted to how can they really help me besides improving my mcat scores. Do I really get some new knowledge.
I work at NYU and they have a tuition remission program. So I thought I will do my masters there. I didn't see SMP there.These are the programs they offer. Which one of these will be helpful during medical school. (Personally i love physiology)
> Genomics & Systems Biology
> Developmental Genetics
> Molecular Evolution
> Molecular Genetics
> Microbiology & Immunology
> Cancer & Cell Biology

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/object/research.plantbiology

Thanks for your input.