Completion Date to II timeframe

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medschoolplease123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just curious but how long do you think is acceptable to wait until I frantically send the adcoms an email asking about my current status? So basically I was complete for a couple schools for the past 2.5 weeks and I am still waiting to hear back. How long should I give them before I email asking them what my current status is? Obviously it is a very hectic schedule for them and I just don't wanna pester them... any insight? @Goro @Faha @AnatomyGrey12

Thank You!

Members don't see this ad.

It can take anywhere from a day to 10months depending on the school, some schools review chronologically(seems as though this isnt super common) but they can always push you off to review for a later date. Some schools silently reject. Some schools hold onto you in their back pocket until they've seen more applicants. Some schools review apps in terms of stats. Some schools can just randomly pick up and put down apps. It's a crapshoot. Not hearing anything is better than a rejection. I wouldnt go frantically emailing anyone just yet, it's still quite early and schools have tons of apps to go through. Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

It can take anywhere from a day to 10months depending on the school, some schools review chronologically(seems as though this isnt super common) but they can always push you off to review for a later date. Some schools silently reject. Some schools hold onto you in their back pocket until they've seen more applicants. Some schools review apps in terms of stats. Some schools can just randomly pick up and put down apps. It's a crapshoot. Not hearing anything is better than a rejection. I wouldnt go frantically emailing anyone just yet, it's still quite early and schools have tons of apps to go through. Best of luck!

Yeah that's what I've heard. Haha reading those "II just now" posts everywhere makes me want to feel some love haha. Hopefully soon. Thanks for the insight! Any idea when might be a good idea to send a "hey remember me" email? A month after completion?

Members don't see this ad :)
Patience is a virtue. The need for instant gratification is not.

Hi everyone,

Just curious but how long do you think is acceptable to wait until I frantically send the adcoms an email asking about my current status? So basically I was complete for a couple schools for the past 2.5 weeks and I am still waiting to hear back. How long should I give them before I email asking them what my current status is? Obviously it is a very hectic schedule for them and I just don't wanna pester them... any insight? @Goro @Faha @AnatomyGrey12

Thank You!

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah that's what I've heard. Haha reading those "II just now" posts everywhere makes me want to feel some love haha. Hopefully soon. Thanks for the insight! Any idea when might be a good idea to send a "hey remember me" email? A month after completion?

I understand the feeling. In all honesty, never. You can send update messages regarding improvements to your application, and this in a sense could be a reminder that youre interested. But i wouldnt send anything that basically is just to ask if theyve made a decision on you or not. Unless the school has specifically stated that they will come back with a decision in X days(DMU comes to mind in that aspect), then i guess it would be alright to ask after those X days are up.

Hi everyone,

Thank You!

Don't do this until April. 2.5 weeks is nothing. They probably haven't even filed your app yet, let alone look at it.

I understand the feeling. In all honesty, never. You can send update messages regarding improvements to your application, and this in a sense could be a reminder that youre interested. But i wouldnt send anything that basically is just to ask if theyve made a decision on you or not. Unless the school has specifically stated that they will come back with a decision in X days(DMU comes to mind in that aspect), then i guess it would be alright to ask after those X days are up.

Ohhh okay. Yeah I don't want to pester them. You can still send updates after you send your secondary?

Don't do this until April. 2.5 weeks is nothing. They probably haven't even filed your app yet, let alone look at it.

Really? Dang haha. Then let me grab some popcorn and let the waiting games begin.

Ohhh okay. Yeah I don't want to pester them. You can still send updates after you send your secondary?

Really? Dang haha. Then let me grab some popcorn and let the waiting games begin.

Yeah definitely, some schools don't like email updates though. For those specific schools just update your AACOMAS if it's something that's really valuable to your application. I'm not 100% sure which schools like updates and which do not. But I fully intend on improving my application throughout the cycle and updating as necessary. To me this is like a once every 3-4 months thing though and only if you actually have something of importance to add. If you're still taking classes I'd highly suggest participating in the AACOMAS academic updates.