Oct 4, 2013
Status
Pharmacist
Do you have to get accredited by the PCAA to start compounding ? It's kinda expensive
Please advice

OP
T
Oct 4, 2013
Status
Pharmacist
Ok so why does everyone is having this accreditation ? It costs a lot of money and a yearly subscription .
So as long as I'm not doing any sterile compounding I don't think in need their accreditation
What do you think ?

PharmdA07

10+ Year Member
Jan 28, 2007
Status
PCCA accreditation is voluntary; however, most, if not all, people doing compounding, sterile or non-sterile, have its affiliation due to the advantage of: training, consultation, buying power of raw ingredients/ equipment, help with set-ups/ guidance etc. In the field of non-sterile : if you do hospice or LTC, you will get tremendous help from PCCA with formulation/ ingredient buying power for things such as wound-care product, ABH / supp./ capsules formulation etc. non-sterile Rx, with PCCA, goes above and beyond the typical retail Kenalog in Lubiderm or Cholestyramine in Aquaphor or Prevacid in Sod. BiCarb. Besides, it's quite a prestigious affiliation as it's well-known in the compounding world. If you don't do anything huge such as LTC, hospice, nursing homes etc. , it's really not necessary.

OP
T
Oct 4, 2013
Status
Pharmacist
PCCA accreditation is voluntary; however, most, if not all, people doing compounding, sterile or non-sterile, have its affiliation due to the advantage of: training, consultation, buying power of raw ingredients/ equipment, help with set-ups/ guidance etc. In the field of non-sterile : if you do hospice or LTC, you will get tremendous help from PCCA with formulation/ ingredient buying power for things such as wound-care product, ABH / supp./ capsules formulation etc. non-sterile Rx, with PCCA, goes above and beyond the typical retail Kenalog in Lubiderm or Cholestyramine in Aquaphor or Prevacid in Sod. BiCarb. Besides, it's quite a prestigious affiliation as it's well-known in the compounding world. If you don't do anything huge such as LTC, hospice, nursing homes etc. , it's really not necessary.
Thank you so much . Now I get it