Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
compounding pharmacy raided and shut down
Started by Doctor M
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
http://www.wcvb.com/news/local/metr...ak/-/11983044/16851472/-/syiqxaz/-/index.html
Thought you were gonna link this story. A compounding pharmacy is responsible for at least 5 deaths due to contaminated intratheical methylpred
Thought you were gonna link this story. A compounding pharmacy is responsible for at least 5 deaths due to contaminated intratheical methylpred
well, it doesn't sound like they were targeted because they were a compounding pharmacy, but because of possible questionable billing practices. Which is good, I find it more alarming when the FDA is going after compounding pharmacies for compounding, then when the FBI is going after a pharmacy for questionable billing.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
http://www.wcvb.com/news/local/metr...ak/-/11983044/16851472/-/syiqxaz/-/index.html
Thought you were gonna link this story. A compounding pharmacy is responsible for at least 5 deaths due to contaminated intratheical methylpred
Sterile compounding is sooooo high risk. Scary. We are getting a clean room put in. We dont know the first thing about sterile compounding. Gonna hire an experienced compounding pharmacist.
well, it doesn't sound like they were targeted because they were a compounding pharmacy, but because of possible questionable billing practices. Which is good, I find it more alarming when the FDA is going after compounding pharmacies for compounding, then when the FBI is going after a pharmacy for questionable billing.
Id rather have the FDA in there. I cant see a crime as long s the physician wrote the prescription and the patient used the product. If pharmacy submits an AWP price and the stupid INS company pays it, then that is on the INS company paying the bill. It always bewildered me how an INS company can pay something one day and then later say, oh, ooops, we werent suppose to pay that. and now the federal govt. I hope this investigation turns up nothing. Wont matter, the pharmacy has closed.
http://www.wcvb.com/news/local/metr...ak/-/11983044/16851472/-/syiqxaz/-/index.html
Thought you were gonna link this story. A compounding pharmacy is responsible for at least 5 deaths due to contaminated intratheical methylpred
That is scary/sad. Anything for intrathecal use, I personally would want prepared in factory level conditions (which I'm assuming an independent compound center didn't have, but I might be wrong.)
well, it doesn't sound like they were targeted because they were a compounding pharmacy, but because of possible questionable billing practices. Which is good, I find it more alarming when the FDA is going after compounding pharmacies for compounding, then when the FBI is going after a pharmacy for questionable billing.
That was how Robert Courtney got caught - billing irregularities.
As most of us know, many chemo drugs have very distinctive colors, and when he delivered clear bags, the nurses would ask him about it and he would always reply that the drugs were reformulated.
And then last year, there was that infusion pharmacy in Birmingham, AL that mixed TPNs in a container which had been rinsed in tap water, killing at least 9 people.
Probably used the wrong filter.
Cases like this makes me really glad that my school stressed sterile technique so much
Is Pt grace and Al still there? I remember lab being stressed into our brain like no other class!.
Cases like this makes me really glad that my school stressed sterile technique so much
But i think they were raided because of billing practices.
That is scary/sad. Anything for intrathecal use, I personally would want prepared in factory level conditions (which I'm assuming an independent compound center didn't have, but I might be wrong.)
there's a really good one in kansas...i can't remember their name. i think it was in kansas...somewhere there between San Francisco and New York.
Is Pt grace and Al still there? I remember lab being stressed into our brain like no other class!.
Prof. Reiman is the bomb. I did a rotation with him. He drove his really old red beater with us to the restaurants and bought us lunches twice a week. His side hobby: building a helicopter LOL... I didn't know he is a cool guy until P4 >_>;
Prof. Reiman is the bomb. I did a rotation with him. He drove his really old red beater with us to the restaurants and bought us lunches twice a week. His side hobby: building a helicopter LOL... I didn't know he is a cool guy until P4 >_>;
Prof Reiman was awesome. Loved those videos we would watch on how to make creams. those labs were brutal though!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 9
- Views
- 5K