Compounding Pharmacy Rotation

Started by fewaopi
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

fewaopi

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I'm going to do a compounding pharmacy rotation in about a week. Wondering if there's anything suggestions as to what I should go over to prepare for it? Besides going over the calculations and aseptic technique and ISO classifications, is there anything else I can do? I was never taught about any drugs that were compounded at school, I imagine it's more on the spot. Any experiences in compounding pharmacy rotations would be welcome. Thanks!
 
I had a compounding rotation, and I agree, you pretty much learn everything "on the job". There was really nothing that I could have done to prepare ahead of time. They pretty much taught me everything step by step on how things were done, and it was very laid back. I presume that your experience will probably be similar, as they know that much of what they do is not related to anything you learn in school.