computer cost in oz?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

leorl

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
My computer fried. Can anyone tell me about how much a laptop or desktop runs for now in Australia? Hmm, I don't know what's gonna come out in a year, but say... PIII with intel speedstep (or P4), 800 Mhz, cd/cdrw, dvd, windows2000?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Check out:

Another World

This is an online store based in Melbourne :)

I also have a friend in IT over there - I'll get him to give me the names of some good stores for you.

BTW, I think that the Australian Medical Students Assoc. gets discounts for it's members on some brands of computers and other med gear - you may want to check it out on their website.

And on a side note: GO THE ALL BLACKS!! Gonna ruin John Eales going away party tomorrow night. Give the ball to Jonah!

Just a reminder about the voltage difference - if you don't get dual, with a step down/up adaptor, you won't be able to use it in both US and OZ.

I'd imagine you'd get it substantially cheaper in the US (although accruing the possible import tax bringing it into Oz).