Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

computer cost in oz?

Discussion in 'General International Discussion' started by leorl, Aug 30, 2001.

1. leorl

Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    My computer fried. Can anyone tell me about how much a laptop or desktop runs for now in Australia? Hmm, I don't know what's gonna come out in a year, but say... PIII with intel speedstep (or P4), 800 Mhz, cd/cdrw, dvd, windows2000?

Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. tidy_kiwi

tidy_kiwi Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Check out:

Another World

This is an online store based in Melbourne :)

I also have a friend in IT over there - I'll get him to give me the names of some good stores for you.

BTW, I think that the Australian Medical Students Assoc. gets discounts for it's members on some brands of computers and other med gear - you may want to check it out on their website.

And on a side note: GO THE ALL BLACKS!! Gonna ruin John Eales going away party tomorrow night. Give the ball to Jonah!

4. Winged Scapula

Winged Scapula Cougariffic!
    Staff Member Administrator Physician Faculty Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Just a reminder about the voltage difference - if you don't get dual, with a step down/up adaptor, you won't be able to use it in both US and OZ.

I'd imagine you'd get it substantially cheaper in the US (although accruing the possible import tax bringing it into Oz).