computer requirements (UCLA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalmama

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has any thoughts as to the ideal size computer, (based on the 5 choices given to us to purchase)??? Other than price, any reason why a 15.4 inch screen wouldn't be better than the same laptop with a 14.1 inch screen? Does anyone have any thoughts about the upgrade to 4GB RAM (instead of the required 2GB)? Any other suggestions on upgrades? thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm going to be a D1 at UCLA as well and when I asked around amongst my computer-geek friends, most of them suggested getting a Lenovo rather than a Dell. All the processing systems are the same, basically it's just what size screen you are used to or want to have. I'm going to get the 14'' since that's what my personal computer is. My friend at the school made a good point though, that you might want the smallest size since it is the lightest. I think the upgrades are just like if you are going to be gaming or doing something that will require better graphics/more RAM.

Hope this helps! See you in September!