Computer software used in pharmacy labs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maria1oh

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what kind of software programs do you get to use in your pharmacy labs? We are limited to just using a Microsoft office access database file that we use for data entry. Access to the internet is not allowed. It would be so much easier to use internet to look up drug solubility information rather than using the really heavy Remington's textbook that we have to carry.

I feel like this microsoft access database is nothing at all like the software I have seen used while on my rotations.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
We are limited to just using a Microsoft office access database file that we use for data entry.

Please tell me you aren't using that for any confidential (patient) information. MS Access is for PERSONAL use, it is the most insecure, crash happy database and should not be used for business.

We use Microsoft Access for our practical lab as well. There isn't any actual patient information...the scripts in our worksheets are for generic patients and for each student you just substitute your own last name for the "patient" on the rx you compound.

Just wondering what kind of software programs do you get to use in your pharmacy labs? We are limited to just using a Microsoft office access database file that we use for data entry. Access to the internet is not allowed. It would be so much easier to use internet to look up drug solubility information rather than using the really heavy Remington's textbook that we have to carry.

I feel like this microsoft access database is nothing at all like the software I have seen used while on my rotations.

Yeah, how does this teach you anything about real practice? Are you going to be a pharmacist in the 1990s?