Computer turning off while taking DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

d wannabe

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I just talked to my friend who took computer based MCAT and she said the computer was suddenly turned off and then turned on to continue the test. So she could not focus on the test, especially RC. It happened to other students (at least 4 times turned on/off)

and it is the same place I am taking my american DAT in July.

Has anyone experienced this before?
Should I change my test center?

Members don't see this ad.

Wow, the timer didn't continue while the comp was off though right?
I would probably have a heart attack right there if mine turns off.

This happened to me the absolute first time I took the DATs. Following the completion of the PAT section, the whole testing center blacked out. They had us locked in the dark with no A/C (in sweltering Texas heat) only to tell us we had to reschedule our exams and that the servers could not recover the answers. I then called to reschedule and they in turn told me to petition the ADA for a new exam date or wait 90 days. At that point I was freakin pissed off, and then a day later, I get a call from the ADA and they told me I only had a week to take the exam or wait 90 days. I had forgotten everything in the mess, and one week was not enough, so I took my chances. I wish this situation on no one, it is so stressful.

Wow, the timer didn't continue while the comp was off though right?
I would probably have a heart attack right there if mine turns off.

Time did not continue but it is so frustrating
you need to wait for a while and start taking the exam again.
Also you hear the sound (when you turn on the computer, there is window music) everywhere since other computers have same problems
That is so distracting.

Members don't see this ad :)
This happened to me the absolute first time I took the DATs. Following the completion of the PAT section, the whole testing center blacked out. They had us locked in the dark with no A/C (in sweltering Texas heat) only to tell us we had to reschedule our exams and that the servers could not recover the answers. I then called to reschedule and they in turn told me to petition the ADA for a new exam date or wait 90 days. At that point I was freakin pissed off, and then a day later, I get a call from the ADA and they told me I only had a week to take the exam or wait 90 days. I had forgotten everything in the mess, and one week was not enough, so I took my chances. I wish this situation on no one, it is so stressful.

How did you petition?
Is it possible to petition before I take exam?
do they make adjustment right away? or should I simply change the testing cetner..but it would be far away..

Petition and do what? What if they said you broke your computer while taking it because you knew you were doing bad. I think the rule is: What happens, happens. Would you have to wait 2 months?

so a week later you took the test? but was that the same one?

Ouch man. I am so sorry to hear that. Sounds like neither prometric nor ADA cares!