Computerized NBDEI--anyone taken it??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

waiting

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Question to throw out there: I'm scheduled to take the NBDE I with my classmates in July but would rather take it on my own on the computer, DAT style, without having to sit there with everyone else around me.... BUT, I don't want to feel afterwards that maybe the test they all took together was easier than mine. Has anyone taken the computer version? Did you feel/have you heard it to be any different? Do you get your scores back quicker?

One other question...anyone study using the Kaplan subect tests? I'm going through the Micro/Path ones and many of them seem pretty difficult. Interested if anyone found these to be easier/harder than the actual....

Any responses would leave me much obliged!!

Back to studying :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

I read on the International dental forums about someone having taken the computerized verion of part 1, and I am attaching the link to that below,
link
link 1

waiting,

A couple of comments. First, computerized takers should get their scores in half the time it takes for written test takers to get it.

Secondly, those Kaplan tests seem to be MUCH more difficult than the real deal. In fact, those tests are exactly the same as many of the USMLE subject tests. Translation? Kaplan rebadged their USMLE material as NBDE material. If you know that Kaplan stuff then you'll rock the NBDE.

i'm probably taking it on computer... haven't really had time to look into it, but i am taking a two week vacation once school's over and then my best freind's visiting me for a bit so i won't have time to study for the july written... but i think pushing it back a month or so would be good since i'm pretty tired of studying :eek: