COMLEX Comquest level 2 CE practice test vs real thing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SurgDoc95

Surgery Resident
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just took the monster of a 400 question practice level 2 exam offered by COMQUEST. Has anyone taken it and gotten their level 2 score back? Curious how reliable the score prediction is. If it’s remotely close I’ll be a happy guy. (Predicted 670)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Members don't see this ad.

Just took the monster of a 400 question practice level 2 exam offered by COMQUEST. Has anyone taken it and gotten their level 2 score back? Curious how reliable the score prediction is. If it’s remotely close I’ll be a happy guy. (Predicted 670)

I haven't taken it, but saw that level 2 is now 352 questions. I'm assuming that will make it a little easier with less of a time crunch.

I haven't taken it, but saw that level 2 is now 352 questions. I'm assuming that will make it a little easier with less of a time crunch.

Haha I’m good on time tbh I never take the whole 8-9 hours. Just hoping it’s similar score wise!

Update: took level 2 comsae and scored similarly. Here’s hoping the real thing turns out to be comparable

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Update: took level 2 comsae and scored similarly. Here’s hoping the real thing turns out to be comparable

I took level 2 CE after doing really well on the COMSAE and I thought it was the true COMLEX everyone complains about: Vague. A fair share of the questions were straight out of COMQUEST, but man there were some I didn't even know what the diagnosis was and they were asking a 2nd/3rd order question about it. There was a decent amount of micro on it as well, but it usually was the knowledge not in sketchy. OMM was really easy.

Reactions: 2 users
I took level 2 CE after doing really well on the COMSAE and I thought it was the true COMLEX everyone complains about: Vague. A fair share of the questions were straight out of COMQUEST, but man there were some I didn't even know what the diagnosis was and they were asking a 2nd/3rd order question about it. There was a decent amount of micro on it as well, but it usually was the knowledge not in sketchy. OMM was really easy.

Took mine today and will say you’re 100% on point. God I hate COMLEX exams just write good questions. Why is that so hard? Happy to be done with it though

Reactions: 1 users
Is the comquest practice exam a separate thing or do you just create a 400 question random exam from the bank?

Turns out the COMSAE was very accurate. Very pleased with the predictive value of the practice tests (never thought i'd say that about comlex lol)

Reactions: 1 users
Can confirm! Basically matched my COMSAE, which was such good news after being disappointed with Step 2. Time to hit up them AOA programs.

comsae feels much much easier than the real deal, but the practice score was predictive within 10 points for me. Took the comsae 2 days before.

Reactions: 2 users
Mine was not lol. I was like 60 points higher on the COMSAE than the real deal. I was very burnt out though.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
The one offered by NBOME (103b I think)
I realize now that the OP was asking about the COMQUEST assessment. I unfortunately didn’t have time to do that one.