ComQuest vs COMBANK for step 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gold 5

Stay On Target
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok Folks, for those who have taken COMLEX step 2, which is better for this exam.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
hi,
i took comlex 2 last summer. i used both quest and combank and i would rec using both banks. the quest style most closely approximates the exam but the OMM on combank was money. there were some OMM questions that I would have gotten wrong w/o combank.

i did the ob/gyn, peds, gi and OMM questions twice (although my exam ended up being light on ob and peds..figures). there was an arse load of OMM and quite a bit of GI on my exam. if i had to do it again, i'd do ALL of the questions twice as you never know what you're gonna get. a friend of mine had hardcore ophthalmology and neuro. another had the usual peds and ob. one thing seems constant: tons of OMM!

i used FA, Savarese, a little bit of Boards and Wards and teensy bit of Secrets. I admit that I skipped some of the chapters in FA. didn't know FA or B+W cold, but I did re-read ob, peds and gi. i passed on the first attempt.
Secrets was helpful for CV.
Good luck guys!
p.s. I really thought that I had failed, so don't freak out if you feel horrible after taking the exam