comquest vs combank

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docstudent123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Taking COMLEX II...I'm using UWorld but want to add another question bank. Which one is better COMBANK or COMQUEST?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Conquest. Not as many questions but right on point for step 2.

I would take both if possible. I think it really helps. Comquest is better, but I also believe Combank helped me out a ton. Comquest can be done in less than a week. There are more questions in Combank.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd say uworld and comquest are the perfect combo for comlex II, uworld for the hard clinical knowledge fund and comquest to iron out the high yield stuff.

Thanks for the responses!

Another ques, does the number of questions change if you buy COMQUEST or COMBANK for a month vs 2 months. How many ques do they give?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Comquest about a 1000 questions, combank I hear it's something ridiculous like 1800. And no, you get the whole qbank set whether it's one month, two months, etc.

So I had posted a question regarding combank vs. comquest earlier this spring, and have felt like there's not much discussion on this topic. Let me say I'm in NO WAY being compensated by combank for saying this - I understand that there are certain posters/bloggers out there being compensated by comquest to post favorable reviews of it (not looking to start an argument... that's just the rumor). I wish someone had posted about this earlier, so let me put my two cents in and see how others feel. Especially if there are some biased reviews out there.

I used combank all year to prep for the shelf exams, and really liked it. I also used UW and Kaplan. Finished all three QB's by the end of third year. Also finished reading all of MTB Step 2 & 3. I'll be taking Step 2 as well as COMLEX 2 in 5 weeks.

Since I had finished all of combank, for the COMLEX portion of my study (I'm re-doing UW as well) I decided to try comquest. I find the comquest questions to be so much easier, to the point that it's hardly worth my time to go through them. Also thought the delivery was better with combank (they also have an app, which I like), but the main issue was just that the content of Combank I felt was better and more reflective at least of the content in the COMAT shelf exams. I've yet to take level 2, so can't speak to that. Yet I read a lot of people feel very strongly the other way around. I'm surprised there's not a stronger consensus about this.

My verdict: Combank is a much better value than Comquest. Wish I hadn't purchased comquest. Thoughts?

Reactions: 1 user
i've been using comquest....and i'm starting to have some major reservations about it. i feel like some of the answers are wrong. just wondering if should just switch to combank. anyone else have anymore comments about the two qbanks?

Comquest >>>>>>>>> Combank

^^ :thumbup:
I've thought I found errors but when I commented on them, I got a response from the company correcting my reference that I sent (most recently about new Pap smear guidelines that they had updated and my book had not). They're pretty good about responding and the questions are most reflective of the COMSAE I've taken so far. BTW, have heard that SDN completely banned Combank because of all the aliases they used to promote themselves and/or bash others.

I'd still do both CQ+CB and top it off with the COMSAEs to get exposure to more COMLEX related stuff than I would otherwise. How about UW for Level 2? I've heard mixed reviews for those of us that aren't taking the USMLE.

Wait, so I used Comquest for Step 1 and thought it was amazing compared to Combank. But what your saying here is that for Step 2, Combank is superior?

Didn't do Combank for Step 2, but did Comquest. Many of the Comquest answer explanations have a reference with them. Like was alluded to earlier, if you comment on a question, you will get a response from a staff member, most of the time with a reference link.

When I was taking the exam, it felt like I was taking just another Comquest 50-question set. I felt like the Comquest was representative of both the question style and the difficulty of the actual Comlex. My score on the real deal correlated pretty darn well with how I did on Comquest. Again, I did not do Combank, but after taking the exam, I feel confident that I would not have gained anything by doing Combank. Didn't trust Combank for step 2 because I felt like it was a big waste of time and money, except for the OMM questions, for step 1. Worked out for me.

Full disclosure: I also did most of UWorld as well...highly recommended that you do it too.

Definitely agree that UW is a must-do no matter what.

Since my main objective in purchasing a comlex-specific qb is for the OMM questions and the off-the-wall ethico-legal and bug questions, I think that combank is more solid, at least for step 2. I've also noticed a few wrong answers on comquest (they contradicted UW, and when fact-checking on dynamed UW won out every time) and that always makes me paranoid, reminds me of kaplan. I also like that there are more questions in combank (2554 vs 1286, currently, in comquest). Didn't use comquest for step 1 so can't compare. I'll update if my opinion changes after taking step 2 having completed both qb's.

question break-down pertinent only to comlex:
OMM - combank 184 vs comquest 168
medico/legal/jurisprudence - 100 combank vs 46 comquest

These are just the things I had wanted to know a few months back so I thought I'd pass it along. Good luck to everyone in their studies!

I don't get why people say COMBANK is so terrible. I find it to be pretty much on the same level as COMQUEST.

COMBANK even has a nicer interface, it actually looks like they put some time into creating the Qbank.