COMSAE score...USMLE prediction?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

katiesb

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did a search but I can't seem to find a good discussion on this topic...

So my school required us to take a COMSAE this morning before we take the actual COMLEX. I got a 554 and I still have 70 pages to get through in my first pass of FA, plus I'm not too well rested/I just wanted to finish and get out of there. I still have a month of studying left until I take COMLEX and USMLE, I'm planning on watching the DIT videos in that time and finishing UWORLD.

Any idea of how the COMSAE correlates with the USMLE? What kind of score should I be expecting? Any advice for my studying schedule over the next month? :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

it doesn't correlate with the USMLE, it doesn't even correlate with the comlex

mine correlated perfectly with the comlex. your UWORLD and NBME practice tests will tell you your USMLE score. make sure to take the practice tests. The tests are totally different.

mine correlated perfectly with the comlex. your UWORLD and NBME practice tests will tell you your USMLE score. make sure to take the practice tests. The tests are totally different.

so do you recommend using Combank strictly for the COMLEX or Uworld as well? i am currently using both.

Members don't see this ad :)
of course some people are going to correlate, but overall i would say the correlation is poor. you can read about the correlation in the original study that the NBOME did on their website. There was a difference in correlation for timed vs untimed, with timed people scoring 26 points higher on the real deal. this was back in 2008. the test is different now and i know people who are higher, lower, its just all over the place. if you take all of the comsaes on timed mode and average your score i would say the real deal would probably be +/- 25 points in either direction. If you were just to take one, obviously much more room for error. Thats just what I've heard from talking to multiple people at my school. As far as USMLE correlation, i don't think the comparison can be made. two VERY different tests