COMSAE vs real COMLEX performace

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctorpurple

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took two different forms of comsae today. Yeah I did both because on the first one I scored in the high 400's and felt depressed. I realized that it might be a fluke because I've been consistently getting high 70's and low 80 percent on comquest timed random and my USMLE world average is 69%. I just don't know how that could translate to below average on my compex. So I ate dinner and relaxed for a bit and took another form and my score went up by about 50 points. I'm not sure what to think about COMSAE in general. But for those who took COMSAE how did it reflect to your real comlex performance? Also I noticed that both forms of COMSAE were heavy on anatomy. Would the real exam be like that as well? I always thought that both comlex and usmle have very few anatomy questions.

Members don't see this ad.

From my travels through past years COMLEX threads the general trend is that COMSAE's tend to under-predict, and sometimes by a large margin (>50+). There are many people that score lower but more often than not it under-predicts.

As far as the similarity of the tests I found them very similar in question style and difficulty. There was more OMM and biochem on the real deal for me.