Concern About Academic Update

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Finca

Reaction score
I recently have a concern about the academic update for my 2018 fall semester’s grades. I may get a D in one of my courses (not a prerequisite) in this fall semester and I am afraid it can have a negative impact on my application to the DPT program since most of the programs I applied have not yet made admission decision on my application. My cGPA and prequisite GPA are good and the lowest grade I ever got throughout my college career is B-. However, I am still really worry about the impact of D I may get in one of my recent courseworks on my application and how it will affect my chance of getting into the DPT programs I applied. Any opinion is greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I recently have a concern about the academic update for my 2018 fall semester’s grades. I may get a D in one of my courses (not a prerequisite) in this fall semester and I am afraid it can have a negative impact on my application to the DPT program since most of the programs I applied have not yet made admission decision on my application. My cGPA and prequisite GPA are good and the lowest grade I ever got throughout my college career is B-. However, I am still really worry about the impact of D I may get in one of my recent courseworks on my application and how it will affect my chance of getting into the DPT programs I applied. Any opinion is greatly appreciated!
Well I can give you solace and tell you that I recently got accepted to a top ten physical therapy school and I had several D's and one F during my undergrad career. (Though I did manage to get straight A's during my postbacc.) I'm sure one D won't kill your application.

Well I can give you solace and tell you that I recently got accepted to a top ten physical therapy school and I had several D's and one F during my undergrad career. (Though I did manage to get straight A's during my postbacc.) I'm sure one D won't kill your application.
Thank you for sharing your experience and thoughts. Yeah a D in one course may not kill my application, but I think I would be less concerned if I got that grade in first or sophomore year rather than in my senior year , I just hope it wouldn’t have much impact on my application.