Concerned about my mcat studying strategy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sunnyday993

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! This might be a really stupid question, but usually people say to put in 10 hours a week to study for the mcat during school, and then 40 hours during breaks. Basically I am reading the chapters in my books and doing the chapter problems, and sometimes the kaplan workshops and quizzes if I don't have a ton of work to do....usually that itself adds up to 10-15hours a week. My initial plan was to just get through the chapters and chapter problems, and then during my winter break spend 8 hours a day mastering everything.

Is that generally what they mean by 10 hours a week? Or is it like....reading the chapter, doing the chapter problems and then 10 hours of memorizing and mastering the chapter on top of that?

Thanks. I'm actually really freaking out because I am halfway through my material but if I am doing it wrong than i have two months to start all over again and im not sure if thats enough time:(

Members don't see this ad.

I did 8 weeks of content review, about 15hrs a week. Just started passages (exam is in January), and I think the passages are going to be exponentially more helpful. Just make sure you have plenty of time for practice exams and passages