1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

Concerned about my mcat studying strategy?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by sunnyday993, 10.29.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. sunnyday993

sunnyday993

Pre-Medical
    Hello! This might be a really stupid question, but usually people say to put in 10 hours a week to study for the mcat during school, and then 40 hours during breaks. Basically I am reading the chapters in my books and doing the chapter problems, and sometimes the kaplan workshops and quizzes if I don't have a ton of work to do....usually that itself adds up to 10-15hours a week. My initial plan was to just get through the chapters and chapter problems, and then during my winter break spend 8 hours a day mastering everything.

Is that generally what they mean by 10 hours a week? Or is it like....reading the chapter, doing the chapter problems and then 10 hours of memorizing and mastering the chapter on top of that?

Thanks. I'm actually really freaking out because I am halfway through my material but if I am doing it wrong than i have two months to start all over again and im not sure if thats enough time:(

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. makingthejump

makingthejump

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    I did 8 weeks of content review, about 15hrs a week. Just started passages (exam is in January), and I think the passages are going to be exponentially more helpful. Just make sure you have plenty of time for practice exams and passages

About the ads