concerned about my sciences.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hockeypro15

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, first let me start off by saying that I am a double science major and feel as though, or felt as though I had a pretty good handle on the general sciences...now I have been preparing for the DAT and using Crack the DAT. I average between 15 and 17 science, should I be concerned? I find some of the questions to be incomplete, or convoluted in some ways, and the solutions are mostly useless. What are your opinions on Crack the DAT and what woud be the best way for me to proceed? is destroyer a better option or am I a lost cause lol?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, first let me start off by saying that I am a double science major and feel as though, or felt as though I had a pretty good handle on the general sciences...now I have been preparing for the DAT and using Crack the DAT. I average between 15 and 17 science, should I be concerned? I find some of the questions to be incomplete, or convoluted in some ways, and the solutions are mostly useless. What are your opinions on Crack the DAT and what woud be the best way for me to proceed? is destroyer a better option or am I a lost cause lol?

DON'T USE Crack the science! It's awful and hurts your confidence. It's very difficult and the questions are somewhat random. I regretfully bought it too. Crack programs are just good for Math and PAT. I would try to get a hold of some Kaplan exams or Top score. Gl!

DON'T USE Crack the science! It's awful and hurts your confidence. It's very difficult and the questions are somewhat random. I regretfully bought it too. Crack programs are just good for Math and PAT. I would try to get a hold of some Kaplan exams or Top score. Gl!

However, they might be good for picking up random bits of info...but don't use it as your sole prep material.

I wold start with Cliff Ap Bio. Right now Iam going over the topics ADA said would be on the test. I just read and take notes about each topic. Then I am going through DAT destroyer and taking topscore and achiever. Just know the basics for Biology, its a waste of time studying for the intricate details.

Members don't see this ad :)
my test is in 4 days...i dunno do you think i should reshedule? i took topscore 3 today and made an 18 AA with 17/17/18 bio/chem/ochem...im fine in reading, hows QR on the tests? im stressed, ive made around 18 and 19 and havent bumped that...i really want a 20, do you think i can do it?

Sorry to hear about you struggling in your sciences.......this is completley normal so dont freakout.......honestly if your test is comming up and you don't feel ready DONT TAKE IT.......you can't afford to just take it and do bad......take it right.......like the above posters have said don't mess with crack dat science........your best bet is to review with kaplan review notes and subject tests to help you understand things at a basic level and if you can invest your money in getting the destroyer ......this should help you solidify your sciences along with kaplan.....and cliffs ap bio is def. a good resource for biology.....try to take things one at a time......again if you dont feel ready dont go into this test and you have to reschedule 3 business days prior to your exam so really think this over and study harder with these materials and i hope you will notice a big difference .......best of luck

Thanks for the advice, I bought the campbell reece bio book, the AP bio guide, and I just looked over the practice test postred on the ADA website and I am sort of relieved that the questions seem pretty straight forward. Hopefully if I study enough I will do well, havent even scheduled the test yet because of the scores I was getting with crack the DAT.