Concerned about RC score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shyfox9p

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been reading some of the old posts about reading comp and it has made me concerned about my score. So I got a 20 for both AA and TS. However, my RC is an 18. This is my lowest score. Is my RC score gonna give me some problems? I have gotten As in all of my English and Lit classes.

Members don't see this ad.

I got a 16 QR with a 21 AA average and have 4 interviews so far this cycle. I know RC is a little more important but I think you will be fine as long as the rest of your application is strong.

I think you should be okay. It shouldn't matter too much if that's your only low score.
Thanks for the feedback. I heard that some schools care about RC because of some studies. However, I have seen some studies that mark it as the second least important factor on the DAT to determine a student's success. I'm above the cutoff so I'm happy with that at least.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just curious.... What method did you use for RC? My dat is in a few days. S&D seems to work for me but I'm really nervous about the statement/reason questions throwing me off

Just curious.... What method did you use for RC? My dat is in a few days. S&D seems to work for me but I'm really nervous about the statement/reason questions throwing me off
I kind of did the Kaplan method, but i wrote more than just one or two words. I started running out of time at the end. I only did two practice tests so I should have prepared more. However, my strategy is what I use when I read articles.

Reactions: 1 user