Concerned about when to apply

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1056062

So, due to having to take a makeup exam (due to being sick), my final grade may not be posted on my transcript until June. When is considered "early" to submit AMCAS primary? I'm going to pre-write secondaries and will submit them on the day I receive them. I'm just freaking out because I've heard so many people say that applying in mid-June is horrible.

Members don't see this ad.

Mid-June submission is fine. You're being neurotic.

However, if it is concerning you that much, you can still just submit earlier without the grade. You don't need spring grades on your transcript to be verified. Just list the courses as "in-progress".

Reactions: 2 users
Mid-June submission is fine. You're being neurotic.

However, if it is concerning you that much, you can still just submit earlier without the grade. You don't need spring grades on your transcript to be verified. Just list the courses as "in-progress".
I agree with this.
Also making yourself sick worrying about a 2 week difference in submission date will detract from your first goal here: remediate your final exam and finish your semester strong.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So, due to having to take a makeup exam (due to being sick), my final grade may not be posted on my transcript until June. When is considered "early" to submit AMCAS primary? I'm going to pre-write secondaries and will submit them on the day I receive them. I'm just freaking out because I've heard so many people say that applying in mid-June is horrible.
Take a deep breath and relax. Mid-June is fine for being final even if that last grade delayed things, and it doesn't.

Don't submit early if your gpa for this term is going to be better than your GPA for the first half of the year.

Getting your transcript in my 4th of July is my general rule... and all of your secondaries and letters by Labor Day.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user