Concerns about not converting any interviews into A's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ProcrastinatingPremed2020

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

As the title suggests lately I've been having pretty big concerns that none of my interviews will end up as an acceptance. I feel really grateful to have had 4 MD interviews to this point, but at the moment I am currently on hold/WL/deferred for 3 of these schools and waiting on a decision from the 4th school. All of the interviews I think have gone fairly well, with 1 being an MMI and the other 3 being traditional. Being that I haven't been Post-II rejected from these schools, should I not be worried yet? I just feel like up to this point I would have had an A given my number of interviews and am worried that maybe I'm just not as good of any interviewee as I thought I was. Any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
You should sit tight. I bet one of those converts to an A before the cycle is done.

Most schools have rolling admissions and may be selecting fewer early this year due to delay in the cycle.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you’re not expecting any more interviews or interview invites, sit tight and wait until the cycle is over. Hopefully one or more will turn into an A. You still have plenty of time at most schools I believe.

If you are expecting more IIs or have an interview lined up, then maybe you should change some things. How are you prepping? What’s been good about your interviews and what’s been bad?

Hi all,

As the title suggests lately I've been having pretty big concerns that none of my interviews will end up as an acceptance. I feel really grateful to have had 4 MD interviews to this point, but at the moment I am currently on hold/WL/deferred for 3 of these schools and waiting on a decision from the 4th school. All of the interviews I think have gone fairly well, with 1 being an MMI and the other 3 being traditional. Being that I haven't been Post-II rejected from these schools, should I not be worried yet? I just feel like up to this point I would have had an A given my number of interviews and am worried that maybe I'm just not as good of any interviewee as I thought I was. Any advice?
This is very common and you just need to be patient.

Hi all,

The odds suggest that one or two of them will convert to As by the end of the cycle. It's unfair to hold yourself to a standard that you would have an A at any given point in time before that. There are just too many variables with respect to timing at each individual school.

At most schools, between 25-75% of IIs convert to As by the end, but there is no comparable statistic for the end of December. That's why I say, without knowing anything else, that one or two out of four should convert before it's all over next summer. It sucks, but there really is nothing else to do but wait it out. It's easy for me to say, and I realize difficult to do, but try to not let all of the early success stories on SDN cause you to doubt yourself. The cycle is very far from over. Good luck!!!

In the same boat as you with 5 interviews attended and 2 WL, and 3 yet to hear from. Just posting to let you know I'm right there with you and hoping for the best for both of us. Let me know if/when you hear positive news!

Here comes' LizzyM's next rule: The Mardi Gras Rule. You aren't allowed to have angst over not having had any offers despite interviews until after Mardi Gras which is February 16th. So, relax, enjoy life and be patient. If you don't have an offer by Feb 17th (or wait 2 weeks and say March 4th,) then you can have some concerns. ok?

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users