Concordia Pharmacy c/o 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gopher<3

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I saw there was no thread for Concordia c/o 2020 so I started one. I have already been accepted to Concordia WI for Fall 2016 and it is currently my plan B school. I will hear back from the U of Minnesota by the 23rd of December (Plan A). Thought I would share some stats in hopes that others would too!
GPA: 3.2
PCAT: 78
1 year pharm tech :)

Members don't see this ad.

How was your interview at Concordia? Did you get accept to your plan a school?

The interview at Concordia was extremely conversational. There were a couple basic questions like why pharmacy, why Concordia, tell me about yourself, and what questions do you have for us. It was a two on one interview for everyone and there was also a written section to the interview and it had two questions like name a time you helped someone and why your a good fit for the school. Everyone was very nice. Yes, I got into the U of Minnesota so I'm going there next year

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the info and congrats to you

Congratulations, Gopher <3! I'm sorry to bother you two, but could you also give me thoughts on my chances (if there are any)? I will receive a BS in Biology from the University of Wisconsin in May and here are my stats:

Cumulative GPA: 2.70
Science GPA: 2.21
Math GPA: 3.0
Non-Science GPA: 3.22

PCAT Composite: 93
Verbal Ability: 91
Biology: 92
Reading Comprehension: 90
Quantitative Ability: 85
Chemistry: 85

I also have worked 30-40 hours per week every semester of college (hence the terrible grades) and have work experience in both retail and hospital pharmacy. Additionally, I was involved in two research labs (in biomolecular chemistry and pharmaceutical sciences) and have significant volunteering and extracurricular experience. I'm hoping my scores on the PCAT and my other relevant experiences will at least make schools look at me, but my GPA stats are SO SO bad that I'm really worried...

I have an interview on Friday (1/8), but I have a feeling many students get interviews, so I don't want to get my hopes up.
Thanks!

Congratulations, Gopher <3! I'm sorry to bother you two, but could you also give me thoughts on my chances (if there are any)? I will receive a BS in Biology from the University of Wisconsin in May and here are my stats:

Cumulative GPA: 2.70
Science GPA: 2.21
Math GPA: 3.0
Non-Science GPA: 3.22

PCAT Composite: 93
Verbal Ability: 91
Biology: 92
Reading Comprehension: 90
Quantitative Ability: 85
Chemistry: 85

I also have worked 30-40 hours per week every semester of college (hence the terrible grades) and have work experience in both retail and hospital pharmacy. Additionally, I was involved in two research labs (in biomolecular chemistry and pharmaceutical sciences) and have significant volunteering and extracurricular experience. I'm hoping my scores on the PCAT and my other relevant experiences will at least make schools look at me, but my GPA stats are SO SO bad that I'm really worried...

I have an interview on Friday (1/8), but I have a feeling many students get interviews, so I don't want to get my hopes up.
Thanks!

Personally I think you will be fine getting into Concordia. Your GPA is the only thing that is bad and your large amount of work, and volunteer experience is a wonderful excuse. Your PCAT shows your potential more than your GPA does. Also, Madison is a more competitive University than others so they will take that into account for your GPA. Just have answers to the questions I said they asked me above and have answers to other interview questions. Learn about Medication Therapy Management and the frontier of the Pharmacy profession. Explain how you will contribute to where the field of pharmacy is going. Concordia only accepts about 40% of the applicants they interview, but don't let that discourage you as your PCAT score will be at the top of their charts. If you show dedication to the field of pharmacy on interview day you will get in. Good luck~

I am interviewing in March and I was wondering what the written part of the interview is like? What kind of questions should I expect?

I am interviewing in March and I was wondering what the written part of the interview is like? What kind of questions should I expect?

it had two questions like name a time you helped someone and why your a good fit for the school.

Reactions: 1 user
how many weeks will you get the decision from the school?

how many weeks will you get the decision from the school?

They say the will contact you two weeks after the interview by phone but I never got a phone call and I got my acceptance paperwork in the mail 15 days after the interview

I'm having an interview april 3rd! does anyone want to practice together over Skype and maybe go over some points?
also, can someone who's been to the interviews already give some pointers about where we should look to to prepare?

You want a full suit and tie and stuff complete business professional dont need to bring anything there other than yourself and your clothes

Members don't see this ad :)
You want a full suit and tie and stuff complete business professional dont need to bring anything there other than yourself and your clothes

thank you Gopher<3 !

just to be sure, the questions are some what like

1. Why do you want to be a pharmacist
2. Why Concordia
3. Tell me about yourself
4. What are your strengths & weaknesses
5. What questions do you have for us

Written questions
1. Tell me about a time you helped someone
2. Why you are a good fit for this school (is this question asking what specific characteristics about yourself are a good match with the characteristics they're looking for in the school?)

Thanks anyone that can help me! my interview is in a couple of days

Also, I know Concordia is a Christian school.

I was wondering whether I'll be discriminated against for not currently belonging to any religious denomination, but respectful of all religions?
Do only students who mention their Christianity during the interviews get accepted?

Has any gotten an acceptance and has not mentioned spirituality/religion during their interview?

Also, I know Concordia is a Christian school.

I was wondering whether I'll be discriminated against for not currently belonging to any religious denomination, but respectful of all religions?
Do only students who mention their Christianity during the interviews get accepted?

Has any gotten an acceptance and has not mentioned spirituality/religion during their interview?

You don't need to be christian. I mentioned nothing relating to religion. They don't ask, it doesn't matter

You don't need to be christian. I mentioned nothing relating to religion. They don't ask, it doesn't matter

Hey Gopher,
Do you know if they will extend the deadline date for the 1st deposit? I just received my acceptance letter but have an interview at a diff school that is after the due date. :/

Hey Gopher,
Do you know if they will extend the deadline date for the 1st deposit? I just received my acceptance letter but have an interview at a diff school that is after the due date. :/

I don't know if this school will in particular, but it's nothing to be afraid of asking about. My friend jut got her first payment deferred for the very same reason for a different pharm school. Just ask

I don't know if this school will in particular, but it's nothing to be afraid of asking about. My friend jut got her first payment deferred for the very same reason for a different pharm school. Just ask
Thanks, waiting to hear back from them :)

Just had my interview yesterday! The curriculum and schedule looks amazing!! Open door policy, help with placements and CV, loads of opportunities, classes only run 10 am-4pjust an overwhelming feeling of student support on campus! I really really liked the school - I hope I'll be hearing some good news from them soon!

Hey guys! I put in a deposit and am expecting to come here next year - who else?? Lets connect please!! :)

Congrats on acceptance!

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks guys! If you guys are locals to Meqon / Milwaukee / Wisconsin / The United States of America I feel like I might need to ask you guys some questions in the near future haha - look out for my inbox msgs!

Thanks guys! If you guys are locals to Meqon / Milwaukee / Wisconsin / The United States of America I feel like I might need to ask you guys some questions in the near future haha - look out for my inbox msgs!

I'm from Minnesota and going to Minnesota pharmacy school but i got you on U.S. questions ha