Conditional Abstract Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PreMedOrBread

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
One of my abstracts was recently accepted on a conditional basis; it requires that I register for the event.

How common is this? I'm trying to get the PI to pay for it and it'd be a heck of alot easier if this kind of acceptance was routine.
 
i only know my own field, but take for example the Society for Neuroscience annual meeting: submitting an abstract for that meeting means you intend to present a poster (or slide show) that the abstract is based on. if you don't intend to present it, then you have no business submitting it.
 
Likewise, I had an abstract accepted to ASCO, and you're only supposed to submit if you're committed to presenting it at the conference.