Conditional Acceptance Background Check Consent

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futureoptometrist23

Reaction score
I received an email that said Conditional Acceptance Background Check Consent Request. I applied to 2 schools off of the list that uses this and got into one months ago but they made me authorize a background check on my portal. The day before I received this email, I sent NECO my updated fall grades as I am on their waitlist. Is there any way that this email means I have gotten into NECO or is this just for the other school. Anyone had a similar email come through?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm on the waitlist for NECO too, did you get any updates since you got waitlisted?

I'm on the waitlist for NECO too, did you get any updates since you got waitlisted?
Nope. I emailed them last week and they said my file is still set to be re-reviewed by March after my fall grades were added. Lmk if you hear!

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope. I emailed them last week and they said my file is still set to be re-reviewed by March after my fall grades were added. Lmk if you hear!
I definitely will! Yeah same, my file stays open until march. I was asked to take my GRE again so I am planning on doing that in march so hopefully that does something. good luck and lmk if you hear anything as well!

I definitely will! Yeah same, my file stays open until march. I was asked to take my GRE again so I am planning on doing that in march so hopefully that does something. good luck and lmk if you hear anything as well!
Hey! Just wanted to let you know that I got my acceptance todayy!!!

Hey! Just wanted to let you know that I got my acceptance todayy!!!
No way, that's awesome!! Congratulations!! My GRE is in two weeks so hopefully I hear back soon after that. Was there anything you did or added to your application while you were waiting for their response? Also, if you don't mind me asking, what are your stats? I want to see if I still have a chance!

No way, that's awesome!! Congratulations!! My GRE is in two weeks so hopefully I hear back soon after that. Was there anything you did or added to your application while you were waiting for their response? Also, if you don't mind me asking, what are your stats? I want to see if I still have a chance!
Thank you! I sent them my spring grades and another email about how dedicated I am. You definitely have a chance because I got a really really low 3.0 gpa and a 320/300 on my OAT. My undergrad gpa is higher but this year optomcas decided to start counting the grades of classes you retook. I did receive a 3.7 last semester and have had a really steep upwards trend overall so I based a lot of it off of that.

I'm in a pretty similar situation so that makes me feel better! I have a 3.65 GPA as of now, I'm currently still in my last semester of undergrad so I can't really send in my grades yet as I've still got 2 whole months left. My GPA isn't too bad but my GRE scores were a bit low, hence the re-take. Are you in your last semester of undergrad as well and did you send in your grades for spring '21? Maybe I will send them another email reaching out or my unofficial grades as of now? Thanks for letting me bother you with questions!

I'm in a pretty similar situation so that makes me feel better! I have a 3.65 GPA as of now, I'm currently still in my last semester of undergrad so I can't really send in my grades yet as I've still got 2 whole months left. My GPA isn't too bad but my GRE scores were a bit low, hence the re-take. Are you in your last semester of undergrad as well and did you send in your grades for spring '21? Maybe I will send them another email reaching out or my unofficial grades as of now? Thanks for letting me bother you with questions!
You’re not bothering me at all! I’m so sorry I meant fall grades oops. A 3.65 is super promising. I am in my last semester of undergrad too. I also mentioned any prerequisites I was taking now or I took last semester.

You’re not bothering me at all! I’m so sorry I meant fall grades oops. A 3.65 is super promising. I am in my last semester of undergrad too. I also mentioned any prerequisites I was taking now or I took last semester.
Thank you, a appreciate the moral support! Frankly, I'm not sure how much my score will increase to be completely honest. I'm going to email them and hopefully I hear back soon! Thanks for your help!

Thank you, a appreciate the moral support! Frankly, I'm not sure how much my score will increase to be completely honest. I'm going to email them and hopefully I hear back soon! Thanks for your help!
Tbh I got a 260 on one of my sections and they didn’t say anything so I feel like you will be fine. Just try as hard as you can! Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user