Conditional Acceptances & Scholarships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amaprez

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This question goes out to any pod students who're familiar with 'conditional acceptances.'

I have an expired MCAT from several years ago, and I'm currently planning to retake it in January next year (there's no open dates left for this year). I am aware that you can submit your application pending MCAT score and even be granted an interview and/or conditional acceptance. My question is...are you considered for scholarships with a conditional acceptance? If not, it kinda negates some of the benefit of applying early for me.

Members don't see this ad.

This question goes out to any pod students who're familiar with 'conditional acceptances.'

I have an expired MCAT from several years ago, and I'm currently planning to retake it in January next year (there's no open dates left for this year). I am aware that you can submit your application pending MCAT score and even be granted an interview and/or conditional acceptance. My question is...are you considered for scholarships with a conditional acceptance? If not, it kinda negates some of the benefit of applying early for me.

The best way to answer this question would be to call the schools you are interested in directly, but, if I were to give a reasonable answer I would say that most schools will not even accept or give conditional acceptances without an MCAT. IF they would give a conditional acceptance, I can almost guarantee that no scholarship will be awarded due to the fact that scholarships are typically awarded based on GPA and MCAT scores. Hope this helps.

I tookmthe January mcat and got scholarships at every school I got into. I also interviewed everywhere without a mcat score.

Members don't see this ad :)
I tookmthe January mcat and got scholarships at every school I got into. I also interviewed everywhere without a mcat score.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
If you're given a conditional acceptance do you still have to pay a deposit within 30 days? Or do you pay the deposit later on when your conditional acceptance turns into an official acceptance?

Nah 30 days after you get the official acceptance.

Also a lot of schools will give you 45 days if you ask them... which I did and it definetly helped. Just make up a reason.