Conferences Coming Up?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sunlioness

Fierce. Proud. Strong
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any conferences they're excited about or would recommend between now and the end of the year. I have 5 unaccounted for days burning a hole in my, um, calendar?

I am going to APM in Tucson in November. :)

Members don't see this ad.

I should go to that. I am also signing up for the AAAP conference in Scottsdale this December.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
AAPL (for the forensic inclined) is October 24th-27th in sunny San Diego...

I've always wanted to go to Charleston! It'd be kind of funny to go to that one though since I've been procrastinating on my faculty appointment. Not because I don't want it, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet. I still do some med student teaching on C&L, which I find amusing since I still don't count myself all that great at C&L. I don't dislike it nearly so much as a I used to though.

I love San Diego, but I have this fear that if I went to that conference, they wouldn't let me punt the court evals anymore. ;-D

AAAP would be useful and interesting, but it looks like I'm covering the consult service that week. Drats.

Hey, Fonzie, if you (or anyone) do end up at APM, let me know. We could grab dinner or something. My partner in crime from here isn't going this year because he needs his days for a recert course and my high school friend who practices C&L in NYC has to cover for her colleagues this year. So it's just me.

I've always wanted to go to Charleston! It'd be kind of funny to go to that one though since I've been procrastinating on my faculty appointment. Not because I don't want it, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet. I still do some med student teaching on C&L, which I find amusing since I still don't count myself all that great at C&L. I don't dislike it nearly so much as a I used to though.

I think you'd enjoy the AAP meeting--it's fairly intimate, very focused on teaching. Drop me a line if you decide to go! It's a school break for us, so we're contemplating having Mrs. OPD and the 2 young'uns along.

Wanted to go to aap this year, but giving a talk at the APA services institute (kinda wrangled into it) the week before, and I'm still begging to get released to go to aacap the following week, since I have important things there I'm actually supposed to be doing. The May/October psychiatry clusterfrak needs to be extended out a bit.

Wanted to go to aap this year, but giving a talk at the APA services institute (kinda wrangled into it) the week before, and I'm still begging to get released to go to aacap the following week, since I have important things there I'm actually supposed to be doing. The May/October psychiatry clusterfrak needs to be extended out a bit.

Well, Addiction's in December. And AADPRT's in March.
Otherwise, our bourbon-sharing is just going to have to continue to be virtual. :)

I could have been part of a talk at aaap, but I didn't know if I could get away so I bailed. Will probably be easier to do that than most things, so perhaps will be less virtual soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
I may be going to APM this year.

I've always wanted to go to Charleston! It'd be kind of funny to go to that one though since I've been procrastinating on my faculty appointment. .

Charleston is awesome....I don't know if I would go there for a conference(not my thing), but would love to live in charleston. Unfortunately the job market there is just brutal/saturated....

Charleston is awesome....I don't know if I would go there for a conference(not my thing), but would love to live in charleston. Unfortunately the job market there is just brutal/saturated....

Something that we agree on 100%. Charleston is pretty amazing. And my current only source for Naked Turtle Rum.

Something that we agree on 100%. Charleston is pretty amazing. And my current only source for Naked Turtle Rum.

I wonder how cool it would be(if you didnt live in the historic district) on a day to day basis though....it's great to visit, and I obviously couldn't afford to live in one of those houses close to the bay.

there is a cool cigar bar within walking distance(in the walkable part of charleston)...don't remember the name. downstairs is a cigar store. You buy the cigars downstairs, they'll cut for you, and then you take it upstairs into a cool area and smoke it, order some drinks, watch the game, etc...plush leather couches. Good vibe.

Is there anything between January and July? I don't get leave before I've put in 6 months at my current residency, but wouldn't mind getting to use my academic leave this year.

Is there anything between January and July? I don't get leave before I've put in 6 months at my current residency, but wouldn't mind getting to use my academic leave this year.

In February I always go to the Las vegas or Nevada Psychiatric association's conference(they hold competing conferences in Vegas on the same weekend). Most recently went the Las Vegas Psychiatric Association conference; it was pretty good

Are y'all staying at the resort? I'm trying to decide if the price is worth it or just commute from Best Western.
Nope. It's $255/night at the discounted rate. Way too rich for my blood.

I'm nursing the military connection and staying at the Navy Lodge up the beach. If I wasn't, I'd probably be looking for bargains downtown. Hotels in SD ain't cheap...