Conferences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pinky

and the Brain
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received a form from my program about requesting weeks off for vacation and conference. I guess we can choose any anesthesia conference we want to go to. Are there any conferences that you would recommend? Or do most people just choose a nice vacation spot that has a conference going on?

Members don't see this ad.

The ASA meeting each October is definitely worth going to. Aside from a wide variety of lectures and workshops available, the drug and equipment reps use the time to fill your pockets with all kinds of toys and wine and dine you each night. Just be sure to put your ear filters on.

Pinky..are you also starting as a CA-1 at UIC?
if so, how are you going to select which meeting you are going to? is the dept going to pay for it?

thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad :)
I will be a CA-1 at UIC this upcoming year. I e-mailed the program coordinator and she told me that there are a list of conferences on the ASA webpage. I assume that I'll just go to one in a city I want to visit (e.g. Vegas in the winter). I need to call people who are there right now and ask about funding.

please let me know if they at UIC provide airfare, course fees etc or how much they will pay for once you find out

thanks