Conferences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

peanutbutter45654

Reaction score
Hello! I am a first-year medical student interested in pediatrics. I am wondering if there are any conferences you recommend attending throughout med school to network and learn more about the field in general. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Agree, PAS is the big one. AAP is another good one.

To be clear, you don't NEED to do conferences, particularly as a med student, but if you want to those would be my suggestions

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
PAS is the big research conference for pediatrics. AAP is the big clinical conference. They have different feels to them, but both will have opportunities for networking.

If you have a particular subspecialty you're interested in, you can also look at those conferences. Pediatric Endocrine Society has a program specifically for students to participate in the conference.

For medical students who are focused on clinically oriented presentations and hearing advocacy type talks, then AAP NCE in October is the best choice. For those more research oriented PAS usually in May is better, but the crossover in content is huge these days and whichever is in the place and time you most are interested in, pick that one. For those closer to residency with a strong public policy interest consider the AAP Washington advocacy conference in the early spring.

Reactions: 2 users