Confernces

Started by Dryacku
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dryacku

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was just wondering what your dept policies on going to conferences are, esp the ASA

If you submit a case or are part of a committee do you get to go for sure or is it once throughout your residency or everytime?

Also does your dept pay for anything at all?

thanks
 
If your submission is accepted, our dept. will pay for you to attend. Airfare, hotel, registration. I imagine I can take advantage of that once each year.
 
We get 5 days of conference time per academic year, for which you can use your $1000/year educational fund ($1500 if you get >50% on your ITE).
 
I know my future department basically says if you are presenting they will send you (doesn't matter how often (in theory)). Other than that you get one conference in the 3 years and most ppl use it for board review.