Step I Confidence interval - 0 means null hypothesis?

Started by Lothric
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Lothric

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey,

Look at the uploaded picture.

First aid gives an equation: CI for sample mean (should be sample and not population as picture shows)

They then talk about "If the 95 % CI for a mean difference between 2 variables includes 0 then null hypothesis is not rejected"

Does that only apply to the confidence interval for a mean difference between 2 variables? What if I use the given equation for a sample mean and it includes 0 in the intervals? That's not really involving a mean difference between 2 variables.

I.e., is the principle of 0 and null hypothesis only limited to the mean difference between 2 variables or does it apply for any confidence interval?
 

Attachments

  • 1111111.PNG
    1111111.PNG
    29.5 KB · Views: 127