Confidence Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

quietdreams

Reaction score
Hi, I've taken several practice exams so far and I've recognized a trend with most of my missed questions. I know this must be an issue with most students, but looking at how many questions I've second guessed myself on and had the right answer the first time around makes me realize how much higher my scores could've been. For the questions I do miss though, I realize I miss them because I try to reason with myself a lot why my first reaction shouldn't be trusted and justify other wrong answers. I know the content, but I second guess myself too easily.

I was just wondering if anyone else had this big of an issue and my basic question is, how do you stop second guessing yourself?

Members don't see this ad.

In my case, I thought I lost a few points on CARS from second-guessing. Then, when I actually recorded how many times I got right vs wrong from second-guessing, I found out second guessing was actually beneficial. You should try to tally up the number and compare the problems you get right from trusting your gut versus second guessing. I believe being careful is always a good idea, but overthinking not so good. You should strive to find that delicate balance in between.

Reactions: 1 user
For all of your practice exams I reccomend you keep a spreadsheet log of things your guessing on/unsure of/or getting wrong. This involves going over every problem on a practice test, includinng the ones you get right. That way you can try get a better grasp on these sorts of things

Reactions: 1 user