• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Confidence Question

quietdreams

May 15, 2020
  1. Pre-Medical
Hi, I've taken several practice exams so far and I've recognized a trend with most of my missed questions. I know this must be an issue with most students, but looking at how many questions I've second guessed myself on and had the right answer the first time around makes me realize how much higher my scores could've been. For the questions I do miss though, I realize I miss them because I try to reason with myself a lot why my first reaction shouldn't be trusted and justify other wrong answers. I know the content, but I second guess myself too easily.

I was just wondering if anyone else had this big of an issue and my basic question is, how do you stop second guessing yourself?

JimKimSlim

Feb 5, 2020
  1. Medical Student
In my case, I thought I lost a few points on CARS from second-guessing. Then, when I actually recorded how many times I got right vs wrong from second-guessing, I found out second guessing was actually beneficial. You should try to tally up the number and compare the problems you get right from trusting your gut versus second guessing. I believe being careful is always a good idea, but overthinking not so good. You should strive to find that delicate balance in between.

Reactions: 1 user
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.