Confirmation Emails from schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rezimo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Did any of you guys received confirmation emails from these schools that your application is complete and is under review? My application got sent off by 7/19, and sent secondaries + fees within the following week.

BU
Case
Columbia
Indiana
Rutgers
Ohio State
Tufts
SUNY Buffalo
Maryland
USC
UMKC

Some of these schools did send a confirmation that they received fees, but i got nothing regarding the status of my application...as in whether I'm missing anything or not. Should I be calling them, even though they say not to call them about status update?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

Did any of you guys received confirmation emails from these schools that your application is complete and is under review? My application got sent off by 7/19, and sent secondaries + fees within the following week.

BU
Case
Columbia
Indiana
Rutgers
Ohio State
Tufts
SUNY Buffalo
Maryland
USC
UMKC

Some of these schools did send a confirmation that they received fees, but i got nothing regarding the status of my application...as in whether I'm missing anything or not. Should I be calling them, even though they say not to call them about status update?

I will just say the things that I know for sure (from my own experience). Some of the schools, like USC, have not even started looking at the applications yet (I called the office today). BU is one of the schools that just send out supplemental e-mails to anyone that applied to the school and have the files in their system. I am not so sure about other schools.

Yes to Buffalo, Tufts, Columbia, Rutgers. Don't know about the rest.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes to Buffalo, Tufts, Columbia, Rutgers. Don't know about the rest.

I got an email from Rutgers: "This is to acknowledge receipt of your application." But it also asked me to send payment. Which I did- but since I was out of town without access to my checkbook, I had to send a money order. So now I have no way of knowing if they cashed it and they won't return my emails.

Did you receive a follow up email confirming payment?

nope. nothing from Rutgers yet, other than asking me to pay their fee.

For Tufts and Case, I only got an email saying they received my app. Nothing on whether it is complete or not.