You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
CONFIRMED: UC Irvine to start new pharmacy school
Started by DOOM N GLOOM
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
LOL, doom how do you keep so informed on new schools? no matter, i cant imagine its a good investment at this point. I can only think they are intentionally trying to destroy the profession now....how could you in good faith continue opening pharmacy schools when you know (and they do) that there is a crisis coming....pure greed..
If it’s anything like the trajectory of its new law program (started in the middle of a glut, mind you), expect it to take its seat as the #2-#3 in-state pharmacy school behind UCSF and UCSD.
Expect further bump down of the smaller programs.
Built in rotations within the UC health system will help.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Expect further bump down of the smaller programs.
Built in rotations within the UC health system will help.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How can a pharmacy school expect to be profitable anymore? I mean, yeah they will make some dough, but we are nearing a job crisis, why would you open another school knowing the market is the way it is?
Same reason why schools still offer psychology and art history degrees.
This is probably a good thing. Another solid state school will put pressure on all the recently opened private schools. We need more of those schools to close
This is probably a good thing. Another solid state school will put pressure on all the recently opened private schools. We need more of those schools to close
With them charging each student $50000 a year, I don`t think they are going out of business anytime soon.
This is probably a good thing. Another solid state school will put pressure on all the recently opened private schools. We need more of those schools to close
Doubt it. Just the quality of students that the “smaller” schools accept will be even more garbage. Only benefits the deans, professors, and chains.
I can realistically retire from my current full time gig in 20 years.
Wonder if they will be a 3 year program or 4. What abt a 2 year program ?
Wonder if they will be a 3 year program or 4. What abt a 2 year program ?
Assuming you keep your current salary and base hours. But will you? That’s the biggest question.
Nothing in life is guaranteed. But, I don’t work retail. My skill set and experience is harder to replace, for now.... I haven’t had any conplaints abt my work performance, so hopefully I can keep that up.
You heard it here first. Official announcement to be released soon.
Nothing in this world can be certain except death, taxes, and new pharmacy schools opening up...
May god have mercy on our souls.
Can you really blame them for wanting to get a piece of that easy Fed money? Get a couple of burnt out CVSers put them in a rented office space and let the suckers start to line up. As long as there are students willing to fall for this get-rich-quick TM (R) scheme there will be new pharmacy schools opening. Who cares if 30% of the students default? They get the gov't cash in hand regardless of student outcome. The kicker is the Fed doesn't even care because them themselves are borrowing TRILLIONS from China and Japan and have been effectively bankrupt for years. It's all borrowing money on borrowed time. Stealing from Peter to pay Paul. I for one welcome our new overlords when the US goes bankrupt. The United States of America (Territory of China). I think i'll start flying the Chinese flag outside my car so I can be first in line for political office when they set up the occupying gov't.LOL, doom how do you keep so informed on new schools? no matter, i cant imagine its a good investment at this point. I can only think they are intentionally trying to destroy the profession now....how could you in good faith continue opening pharmacy schools when you know (and they do) that there is a crisis coming....pure greed..
It's not about the pharmacy market. Who cares if these suckers get jobs? it's about the Fed loan market. And all u need is warm bodies with enough good credit to qualify for loans. That market is still good, for now...How can a pharmacy school expect to be profitable anymore? I mean, yeah they will make some dough, but we are nearing a job crisis, why would you open another school knowing the market is the way it is?
I guess Chapman university won’t be the only pharmacy school in OC anymore!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I guess Chapman university won’t be the only pharmacy school in OC anymore!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
They already aren’t with Ketchum around
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's not about the pharmacy market. Who cares if these suckers get jobs? it's about the Fed loan market. And all u need is warm bodies with enough good credit to qualify for loans. That market is still good, for now...
I'm waiting for this student loan bubble to burst or someone pull a "fight club" on this mofos and erase my debt lol
They already aren’t with Ketchum around
Every time I see that I think Ketchup.
As in “would you like some ketchup with those fries”
lmao
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
At this point in life, any opening of pharmacy school in California = scam....scam scam.....!!!!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K