Confirming Acceptance to a Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I received acceptances from some DPT programs already and they are asking that I confirm my acceptance by November 25. However, I am waiting to hear back from my top choice program which doesn't send out acceptances until about late December. If I confirm my acceptance with the programs that I already heard back from, is that a binding agreement meaning that I won't be able to change my mind and attend another program?

Members don't see this ad.

It is non-binding but you will likely loose the deposit you put down to secure your seat. This is pretty common though.

It is non-binding but you will likely loose the deposit you put down to secure your seat. This is pretty common though.

Thanks. Do you know when an acceptance confirmation will be considered binding? Or if that's ever possible

The only time would be if you applied for early admission to a PTCAS school. However, it would only be binding to other PTCAS. So you can accept an early admission to a PTCAS school and then change your mind and attend a nonPTCAS school.

Aside from that, regular admissions are non binding for PTCAS schools. And non PTCAS schools never have that option.